Friday, July 19, 2013

Kale Chips!!

I made Kale Chips yesterday.  My daughter gobbled them up!  Here's the recipe:

1 T Canola oil
1 T Water
1/3 cup unsalted, raw cashews
1/2 lemon, juiced
3/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 sm. garlic cloves
Additional water, as needed
1 bunch curly kale, washed and dried completely, stems removed and broken up into 2-inch pieces

Blend everything together until smooth in a high speed blender (or, blend water, canola oil, and cashews in a food processor until paste-like, then add the rest).  Add water until you get a thick sauce consistency- it should pour, but slowly.  Then pour the stuff over your kale.

Bake at 200 degrees for about an hour.  It works well to use cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.  Admittedly I used half a bunch of kale or so- that's all that would fit on my cookie sheets.  You may have to do two batches if your kale bunch is large!

Then eat and enjoy.  My daughter and myself love these, my husband, his son, and my brother couldn't stand them.  To each their own, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment