Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pumping

Every day that I work, I am married to my pump. I wake up 2hrs and 15 minutes before shift change. I pump, get dressed, shower if I didn't shower the night before, get my lunch packed, get the baby's bag packed, get the baby dressed, and get the baby off to daycare. Then, as soon as I get to work, it's almost time to pump again.

Every three hours, I have found, is what works best for me. So every three hours I go out to the truck and sit for 15 minutes and pump.

I spend an hour and 15 minutes each day attached to the pump, looking at pictures or watching videos of my baby girl. I am reminded constantly of how much I miss her!

But, I also remind myself that I work for sanity and for luxury- after all, I want to take my baby girl shopping in Paris someday, and if I stayed at home that wouldn't happen. I would probably also go nuts if I didn't have a job to go to.

So, I pump. And think fondly of Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment