Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Should I stay or should I go...

Well, it's the week my baby turns 7 months old and a week I have been anticipating for a while, because it's also the week that my baby girl is supposed to go stay with grandma and grandpa for a few days so mom&dad can attend a conference for a few days in a city that's about an hour and a half away.

I have left my baby overnight with my husband- I have to once a week for work. But he usually brings her to see me on shift, and I get to nurse her and cuddle and love on her. I haven't left her with anyone else for that long, and not that far away either.

This is an annual conference, and I usually love going. But this year I just can't get excited about it. I am petrified to leave my baby. I think if she would sleep in a pack and play things would be easier, but I don't know what is going to happen while I am gone.

Over paranoid? Probably. Definitely paranoid about some things. I have been worried about entirely too much, like what will happen if the breastmilk I will take up there thaws on the way. Or what happens if I forget to pump, or what happens if my mom (who, by the way, successfully raised all four of me and my sibs) doesn't know what to do?

This is clearly the emotional side of me just being anxious. And while google says its normal for moms to have separation anxiety, that doesn't make it feel any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment