Sunday, February 26, 2012

Success!

As expected, my baby did wonderfully during her weekend with grandma. Aside from an over-tired fit the first night, she went to sleep easily, napped, and started army-crawling more consistently.

Unexpectedly, I also did well this weekend! I only cried for the 30 minute trip back to Dallas from Ft. Worth where I dropped her off. Then I immediately went to dinner, had a glass of wine, and remembered what it's like to have adult conversation.

I may have insisted on way too many pictures, and I had hourly updates via text, but by the end of the three days, I realized that both of us had survived relatively unscathed, and it felt good to have some time to focus on my husband a little bit.

Not to mention the lectures helped remind me of why I do what I do, and why I am pushing forward on my path. I love science, particularly medicine, and was kind of geeking out all weekend.

Also, Red Duke was there, and I got to hear him speak, and I was pretty much giddy after that. I watched him on TV in high school and had a nerd-crush. Such a cool guy and definitely someone I look up to, both clinically and as an amazing, humble leader in EMS.

So the weekend away is over, and I'm happy I did it, but I'm glad to be back with my baby. And she gave me a big smile and some awesome baby kisses when she saw me!

No comments:

Post a Comment